Ang, J. Y. (2003). Non-intellectual factors related to doing homework and their effects to the academic performance of the grade three pupils. (Unpublished master’s thesis). Trinity College of Quezon City, Quezon City.
– This research study determined the five non-intellectual factors (time spent, attitude, relevant issues, parents’ reactions and difficulty level) of the grade three pupils of Xavier School in doing homework and how it affects their academic performance during school year 2002-2003.
Antonio, A. Z. (1993). Androgynous males: an exploratory study of their development. (Unpublished master’s thesis). Miriam College Foundation, Quezon City.
– This study investigated the developmental background of selected Filipino male adolescents classified as androgynous. It explored and described their home background, their school experiences, adjustments and interpersonal life styles as these related and contributed to the development of androgyny.
Antonio, A. Z. (2002). “Malasakit at aruga ng ama”: a phenomenological exploration of generative fathering. (Unpublished master’s thesis). Miriam College Foundation, Quezon City.
– This study explores the phenomenon of generative fathering through fathers’ narrative accounts about how they connect with and care for their children. Using the generative perspective, the study focused on the deeper, highly qualitative nuances of “good fathering” as experienced by Filipino fathers in different circumstances.
Balbin, L. Z. (2003). School libraries and elementary education: a comparative study of selected local and foreign private school libraries. (Unpublished master’s thesis). University of the Philippines Diliman, Quezon City.
– This study compares local and foreign private school libraries in the Philippines based on their organization, programs, and services to find out their similarities and differences and how they can learn from each other to improve services.
Basadre, P. M. (2006). Reading interest, confidence with text and reading performance of grade 4 public school pupils. (Unpublished master’s thesis). University of the Philippines Diliman, Quezon City.
– This study aimed to investigate the relationships among reading interest, confidence with text, and reading performance of grade 4 school pupils. The pupils’ level of reading interest was assessed based on their most preferred and least preferred title of texts presented to them before actual reading. The pupils’ reading performance was measured through reading performance tests in both narrative and expository texts. Thirty (30) public school pupils from Bulacan participated in this study. The respondents were chosen randomly from five heterogeneous classes.
Calleja, J. D. (2000) Self-concept and academic achievement of gifted Filipino high school students. (Unpublished master’s thesis). University of the Philippines Diliman, Quezon City.
– This study aimed to replicate research findings that support the existence of a self- concept – academic achievement relationship among gifted Filipino high school students. It examined the relationship between academic achievement and both the overall self- concept and its specific factors. It also analyzed the relationship between certain demographic variables, namely, gender, parents’ occupation and parents’ educational attainment, and academic achievement and self-concept.
Catanghal, T. M. (2000). Cooperative learning in the teaching of grade three mathematics to Xavier grade school students. (Unpublished master’s thesis). Ateneo de Manila University, Quezon City.
– This practicum paper focuses on cooperative learning in teaching math and gives a brief overview of cooperative learning – its history, advantages of using it and how to make it work. It also contains lesson plans/ modules in number theory, fractions, geometry and graphs.
Concepcion, M. O. (2005) Project-based instructional design for computer education: an experience revisited. (Unpublished master’s thesis). University of the Philippines Diliman, Quezon City.
– Project-Based Learning as an approach lacks universally accepted model or theory. Thus, one purpose of this research is to incorporate the latest thinking on standards and assessment to outline a structured PBL model that teachers can adapt and help teachers plan and implement effectively this learning approach in the classroom, hence increasing the learning achievement and participation of students.
Dairo, D. R. (2004). Ang pamayanang Pilipino; a second quarter module in Araling Panlipunan 2: An Ignatian pedagogical paradigm-based approach. (Unpublished master’s thesis). Ateneo de Manila University, Quezon City.
– The main objective of this practicum paper is to produce a teaching module that is appropriate to the Araling Panlipunan curriculum for the Grade Two Level of Xavier School. It aims to provide teaching materials and offer students a balance of activities and subject matter for growth in the areas of reflection, competence and concern. It likewise aims to afford students with opportunities to engage actively in constructing and applying social knowledge, emphasizing the relationships among ideas, people, places and events.
De Guzman, F. V. V. (1998) A proposed computer education curriculum for Xavier Grade School. (Unpublished master’s thesis). Ateneo de Manila University, Quezon City.
– This study aims to provide the Computer Education in Xavier Grade School with a spiralling curriculum that develops smoothly and sequentially as it goes from one level to another. It shows a comparison of the existing topics taken up for each grade level and the topics in the proposed curriculum before summarizing what let to the proposed curriculum.
Dy, A. Y. (2003). The lineage profile, academic performance and the attitude of the Grade 5 Xavier School pupils towards Chinese language. (Unpublished master’s thesis). Trinity College of Quezon City, Quezon City.
– This study aims to determine the lineage profile, academic performance and attitudes of the Grade 5 pupils of Xavier School towards Chinese with the aim of helping the school develop and implement a better Chinese program. The study dealt with the factors that affect the attitudes and academic performance of the pupils towards learning the Chinese language.
Enriquez, E. L. (1998). The practice of media education in the Philippines: a case study of the experience of the Philippine Association for Media Education. (Unpublished master’s thesis). University of the Philippines Diliman, Quezon City.
– This study was conducted to establish baseline data on media education in the Philippines by looking at the experience of the Philippine Association for Media Education whose members teach the media in the preschool, grade school, and high school levels. The major points of the study are an evaluation of the pedagogical approaches used by media teachers in the classroom, the contexts of these approaches, and the theoretical assumptions that inform this teaching practice.
Fainsan, T. H. (2005). Personal attributes organizational characteristics and job stress levels of grade school teachers: their relationship to teacher performance. (Unpublished master’s thesis). Trinity College of Quezon City, Quezon City.
– This study was conducted to determine the relationship between job stress and teaching performance among one hundred-fifteen (115) grade school teachers of Xavier School. Specifically, it delved on the sources of stressors in the organization such as school environment, organizational climate, organizational health, organizational communication and organizational leadership.
Gorres, M. J. Teachers’ competencies and students’ performance using computer-enriched instruction (CEI) towards improved delivery of instructional services. (Unpublished master’s thesis). Trinity College of Quezon City, Quezon City.
– The objective of the study was to determine the competencies of Grade V and Grade VI teachers and the academic performance of the one hundred seventy four (174) students when they were in Grade V of SY 2003- 2004 and 1st quarter of Grade VI of SY 2004-2005 in the use of computer enriched instructions in Xavier Grade school. Specifically the study explored on the: demographic profile of teachers, their degree of competencies in delivery of computer-enriched instruction, and academic performance of students.
Manuel, F. V. (1977). The establishment and organization of a population education collection for the UP College of Education Library. (Unpublished master’s thesis). University of the Philippines Diliman, Quezon City.
– This study aimed to prepare guidelines and plans for the establishment of a population education collection for the University of the Philippines College of Education Library. It may also be used as a model for establishing similar collections in other teacher-training institutions and colleges of education. The main thrusts of the study are on the possible acquisitions policy and programs, organization processes and services of such a collection.
Nabua, E. A. (1989) A proposed functional-notional syllabus for English communication arts in grade four. (Unpublished master’s thesis). Philippine Normal University, Manila City.
– This project is an attempt to construct a functional-notional syllabus in English Communication Arts for grade four as a guide in the preparation of an English Language Program for Xavier School, Grade School Unit. To provide the teachers source material for revision, an inventory has been made of the language items which have been introduced in grade four and these are categorized and combined with the communication functions to which they are related using primarily DA Wilkins’ framework. Similarly, an inventory has been made of situations around which the student puts language to use, vocabulary items, pronunciation items, spelling and writing skills.
Natividad, J. N. . A review of personalizing education: the relevance of its practices in the teaching – learning process in Xavier Grade School for SY 1994-1995. (Unpublished master’s thesis). Philippine Normal University, Manila City.
– This study was conducted to establish the relevance of the practices of the Personalizing Education Approach as against the present-day teaching-learning process. It aimed to 1) identify the factors and practices of the Personalizing Education Approach, 2) evaluate these factors on how these motivated students to study, 3) design a new system which can be more functional to meet the learner’s developmental needs and 4) identify the practices in Personalizing Education that may be relevant to the new system.
Nicolau, M. S. (2003). The effects of phoneme awareness on the reading performance of the grade one pupils. (Unpublished master’s thesis). Trinity College of Quezon City, Quezon City.
– This study investigated the effects of phoneme awareness on the reading performance of the grade one pupils. Specifically, it attempted to (1) identify the level of phoneme awareness of the grade one pupils when they were in Prep; (2) determine the reading performance of the same set of pupils who are now in grade one; (3) find out the significant difference between the phoneme awareness and the reading performance of the grade one pupils; (4) point out which of the phoneme awareness significantly affect the reading performance of the grade one pupils.
Odron- de Luna, R. (1998). Students’ constructs on force and motion. (Unpublished master’s thesis). Philippine Normal University, Manila City)
– The main purpose of this study was to investigate different constructs of Force and Motion of students in Grade VI, First year and Fourth year High school. With the results of this study, policy makers may use the findings as guidelines in restructuring the science curriculum for both elementary and high school. For science teachers, they may use the result to change the different teaching strategies they employ in teaching science concepts.
Padonan, M. E. (2004). Anime’ cartoon shows, behavior of grade two students and their academic performance: basis for an intervention program. (Unpublished master’s thesis). Trinity College of Quezon City, Quezon City.
– This study was conducted to find out the relationship of anime’ cartoon shows to the behaviour manifested by the grade 2 students as observed by their teachers and their academic performance.
Pelias, M. B. (2005). A proposed anti-bullying bibliotherapy program for Grade seven students of Xavier School. (Unpublished master’s thesis). Ateneo de Manila University, Quezon City.
– The aim of this practicum paper is to propose bibliotherapy as an effective tool to counter bullying and its damaging effects on self-esteem. A bibliotherapy program is proposed with reading and discussion modules for grade seven students.
Perez, C. R. (2000). BASICS (basic instructional skills in the core subjects) – remedial reading plantilla for grade three at Xavier School. (Unpublished master’s thesis). Ateneo de Manila University, Quezon City.
– This paper aims to provide teacher-made exercises and learning experiences that can be used as a starting point for BASICS teachers and students. BASICS is an acronym for Basic Instructional Skills in the Core Subjects. Xavier school offers BASICS program in Reading, Mathematics, and Language in the primary grades. BASICS-remedial Reading Program is a special program for slow readers in Grade 1, 2, and 3.
Rivera, T. A. (1998). Learning environments of chemistry classes in selected secondary schools. (Unpublished master’s thesis). University of the Philippines Diliman, Quezon City.
– This study was undertaken to determine what psychosocial variations in chemistry classroom environments exist in selected secondary schools, how different psychosocial learning environments in chemistry classes relate to students’ attitude toward and achievement in chemistry and how attitude toward chemistry relates to achievement in this subject. The study also attempted to find out if teachers and students perceive the same chemistry classroom environments similarly.
Suelto, F. B. (1999). Strengthening media education – integration in the reading curriculum. (Unpublished master’s thesis). Ateneo de Manila University, Quezon City.
– This paper explains the development of the evaluation instrument of media education- integration and its implementation to help assess the media education program of a curriculum. It also provides results for media-integration-implementation in Xavier School.
Tan, A. (2005). A module on the use of an original electronic storybook as a support for reading comprehension. (Unpublished master’s thesis) Ateneo de Manila University, Quezon City.
– The main objective of this practicum paper is to create and develop an electronic CD- ROM talking book and implement it in a class to determine whether it supports reading comprehension skills. This will be done using a module specifically designed for the use of the CD-ROM talking book which will be interactive and multimedia.
The skills utilized by the students in the electronic storybook include noting important details, making logical inferences and drawing conclusions about the story, identifying the main idea of a selected text and showing mastery of comprehension skills required in his grade level.
Tan, M. C. (2003). Effects of discipline report on the behavior of the grade school students of Xavier School. (Unpublished master’s thesis). Trinity College of Quezon City, Quezon City.
– This study aims to find out if the discipline report issued by teachers affects the behavior of students. The researcher sought to determine the effects of the Discipline Report on the behavior of grades 4, 5 and 6 students because more often than not, it is in this stage that students in these grade levels would challenge their teacher’s patience.